Friday, July 31, 2015

why so much on Planned Parenthood?

Because there was a time in my life when I really needed help with a woman's health issue & Planned Parenthood was there for me.  Because when I served on Prudential's Community Outreach Program, I made the one & only successful presentation recommending a contribution to Planned Parenthood's Philadelphia Chapter, tagged for a specific program tailored to mammograms.  Because I'm possibly the only person within my home, friend circle, community who has ever actually sat down with a Planned Parenthood official, has actually discussed all the programs that Planned Parenthood provides, has seen the truth behind the claim that 95+ % of their activities have nothing to do with abortions.   

Because Mitch McConnell really pissed me off when he referred to protecting women's health five (5) times in announcing he was seeking to defund Planned Parenthood.  How?  How does it protect women's health?  

I recommend that Leader McConnell have a heart-to-heart with a Texas politician.  No, not Ted Cruz.  No, not Jon Kyl.  He needs to have a long talk with Rick Perry about what can happen to existing women's health care service providers when you gut Plannned Parenthood.

Why do I write about Planned Parenthood?  Because the organization was there for me when I needed it, because I've seen what it does, because I've seen what happens when it is defunded.  Because what's done time after time in the name of women's health ain't pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment