Sunday, July 26, 2015

Philly - epicenter of positive change dynamics!


Image result for spectacular universe

Do I live in a spectacularly generous Universe or what?!?!?!  

My gosh!  I set out to embrace my inner elder care anarchist, poised to join in the forces determined to overthrow our culture's woeful view of growing old.  What do I discover?  

That I live in one - perhaps THE - of best places on our planet to do just that!

First, I discover the University of Pennsylvania's Positive Psych Center.   And that the jaw-dropping Martin Seligman heads it up.  


Image result for martin seligman positive psychology


Oh, wait...  And U of P's Psych Center is home to The Duckworth Lab, run by - ta da! - the astonishing MacArthur grant fellow, Ted Talker Angela Lee Duckworth!  

Image result for duckworth lab grit test


Reb Zalman did some of his most ground-breaking work in Philadelphia.   


Image result for reb zalman


That great man is no longer with us (at least physically), but Rabbi Dayle Friedman is, "guiding individuals, professionals & communities on the journey of aging." 



Image result for dayle friedman



Over the past month, every day seems to uncover another reason why I live in an incredible place to be part of the forces committed to helping every person of every age - including, especially olders & the elderly - see shine share their inner light!
 

Image result for let your light shine

No comments:

Post a Comment