Monday, July 6, 2015

The happiest words of song or pen...


"It happened!!!"

For all the sweet regrets I feel right now, for all the ones I'll feel through the years, missing my one & only sister, will always have the fabulous JOY of knowing that - together - we created a whole relationship where only shreds had been.  

As part of my continuing clearing out, this morning found me sorting through a box of unremembered stuff.  Tucked in was the letter from Mrs. Lear to Mom after Mim had been born, the Schrodinger cartoon from the New Yorker, an article of interest - all things set aside to sent off to Mim.  There wasn't any rush.  And now there is no opportunity.  See - sweet regret.

I am blessed to still have another sibling fairly close at hand.  And although it was clear on the drive home Friday that there are things about me that seriously irritate & irk him, the reality is that our communication patterns - not our hearts - are what mess up how he experiences me.  It's worth our effort to make a go of continuing our take-out relationship.  From time to time, throw in a movie.  Great investment of four hours.

Because I never want to write about a family relationship that begins with the subject line - The saddest words...







Cartoon“About your cat, Mr. Schrödinger—I have good news and bad news.”





No comments:

Post a Comment