Friday, July 17, 2015

I like to think this is true of my little hometown

When it's at its BEST, the community I see has great possibilities for being Blue Ribbon town for expansive living.  

That's what I see reflected in the last sentences of the last paragraph in an article from The Uptight Suburbanite about Judy Dautcher of Uncle Joe's Farm Market:   
I really enjoyed meeting Judy Dautcher. She is a link to what made our country great. I could say that it was just the farmer's work ethic, or their commitment to the task at hand that provided the backbone we Americans have needed to grow. But I won't. I believe even more so it's the regard the farmers have held for others like them and the mutual support they exhibited that contributed so uniquely to the American way of life. I'd like to think that today's farmers have that same sense of community among themselves.


Image result for people in community

No comments:

Post a Comment