Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Have you experienced miracles?


Image result for miracles


Was recently asked that question.  Actually, I've experienced at least three - although I consistently can only remember two at any given time.  

The first was when Jada, a very feral cat, had kittens.  John & I took very good care of the feline family's needs, regularly delivering meals to wherever Jada had the nursery.  (There was racoon in the neighborhood  & we wanted to free the mama from being away from her caboodle of kittens - it worked, since they all survived.)

 Image result for cat with kittens outside


In thanks, Jada would let me play with her babies - quite the compliment, since was every inch feral.  One time, before I was heading to work & after I'd taken over breakfast, I looked around.  There was Jada, about 10 feet from where I was seated on the ground, giving herself an early morning tongue bath.  Her kittens were tumbling all around me.  It was a moment of peace, trust & playful serenity.  


 Image result for cat with kittens outside

Which was when it hit me, for the very first time in my entire life - I was like my brother, Ian.  I'd always known that Ian (who died when he was 11, I was 7) loved to bake & nurture others & ask questions, all traits I share.  But until that moment, until I realized that I was a cat whisperer, like Ian, it never hit me how alike we were.  I'd always assumed he was like my other brothers & sister, with whom I share very few traits.  

I call it a miracle, at 55, realizing for the first time that Ian, who died almost 50 years earlier, was a kindred spirit.  For me, that meant everything.


There I was - Jada giving herself a tongue bath, the kittens playing around me, on a beautiful spring morning - and suddenly my world shifted to a place I never expected to be.


Image result for cat with kittens outside


Having one member of the family who was like me, who shared a similar communication pattern, was a godsend.  Suddenly, it was no big deal that the others were so opposite.  

It wasn't that at 55, out of the blue on a beautiful spring morning, my life righted itself.  It's that, for the first time, my eyes were clear enough to see it always had been.

THAT is a miracle!  Or at least Miracle #1.


Image result for miracles





No comments:

Post a Comment