Friday, January 8, 2016

Little ol' dream catcher, me!


Image result for rowe conference center



Always & forever, I've been enraptured experiencing dream catchers - people who recognize pursue capture dreams that speak to their heart.  In an hour, I will be one of them, hitting the road headed to fulfill two dreams in one - taking Nancy Slonim Aronie's Jump Start Your Writing workshop at Rowe Conference Center.  O be joyful!


Two months ago, I wrote, "In some past life, we sat around a cozy fire, as (Nancy) introduced me to Rumi...


Inside you there is an artist you don't know about...  
Say yes quickly, if you know, if you known it 
from before the beginning of the universe."


 
Tonight, some version of that imaging will become real, at our first workshop session.  One tonight, all day tomorrow, one Sunday morning.  Bliss bliss bliss!

Image result for nancy slonim aronie rowe 2016


A zillion years ago, Pete Boericke hired me to be his assistant at Prudential Healthcare, where he headed up Public Relations & Marketing.  My #1 & #2 qualifications - my natural writing ability, which he knew from writing for Bryn Athyn Community Theater playbills & ads, & my lack of writing classes.  Pete wanted a talent that he could mold rather than have to reteach.  He was my first great real-life writing master & what he showed me has showered blessings through the years.

By Sunday afternoon, Nancy will have joined him as writing masters I've known & loved.  It's a total lock - reading her book, Writing From The Heart, a couple years back, changed my life.  No telling where working WITH her will take me.

Am taking a moment before heading up up up to Rowe, in northwestern Massachusetts (a long drive!), to thank Pete for all he showed me about effective writing & all he taught by his example, to Judy Orvos for her constant & caring cheer leading, to Bob & Richard Gladish for all that both taught me in college, to Lyris Hyatt & Vera Powell Glenn for opening up the world of writing, and to Nancy Slonim Aronie for all I learned reading her book.  

 Image result for peter boericke

Pete Boericke & Vera Powell Glenn, with Carol Henderson


My life has been blessed with remarkable writing masters, of different sorts strengths styles - a strong foundation for building onward & upward, reaching to recognize pursue achieve new dreams.  Heading out in an hour on a wild road to... we shall see!  Whatever else, it will be strewn with dreams waiting to be caught.


Image result for dream catcher





No comments:

Post a Comment