Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Manifesting destiny, cream puff swans


Last night's group Manifesting Destiny at Empowering U was worth the drive out to Collegeville/Trappe.  Past present future melded into a powerful evening.


Image result for empower u collegeville


Praise be, the past more or less stayed OUT of the workshop. It was about my here & now, what I'm doing to manifest my current deepest calling in THIS moment.  

We discovered an open, supportive circle; in spite of being the only guy, he seemed at his easy, a natural part of the group.  

There didn't seem to be any consensus on how we experienced manifesting destiny.  Most people there were looking to find - to manifest to themselves - their destiny.  At least one was there to find out more about the concept.  And then there was me, working to manifest into reality the destiny that already beckons shouts pummels.  

For me, manifesting means putting the pedal to the metal, getting my rear in gear & getting work before me in my rear view mirror, done to my satisfaction.  For that, I need a supportive group of kindred or complementary souls.  By jove, I think I found them!  


So, that was my here  & now, looking forward to my next moments.  The past blossomed at the Collegeville Diner, where we had a latish supper.


 Image result for collegeville diner

The Collegeville Diner - a glistening, palatial hommage to classical diners perched at the funky intersection of 3rd & Main Streets - was clearly the destination for our hungry tummies.
 
A wave of memories swept over me as soon as we entered.  In the pastry case, right next to the door was a trio of cream puff swans, waiting to be demolished by happy diners.


Image result for cream puff swans


In a microsecond, it was the mid-1970s, up at the Mont Olympus Diner in Yonkers, NY.  As I remember, the Mont Olympus is huge, able to swallow up even the immense Collegeville, its menu just as oversized - and its pastry case spotlighted my very first cream puff swans.  


Image result for mount olympus yonkers ny

Last night, as we ordered up Florentine Eggs Benedict and a Broccoli & Cheddar Omelette, I felt cocooned in happy memories.  High marks & a good tip for exceptional service.  Four stars for the yummy food.  And, of course,  dessert.  But, wait, what's on the plate we're sharing? NOT a cream puff swan??? 

No, we were destined to devour a chocolate-glazed Chocolate Mousse Mouse - one dessert, two forks at the ready.  We nibbled away the oblong of creamy decadent mousse, both reluctant to be the first to take a bit from the mousey.  Finally, I took a knife & did the deed, slitting the remaining dessert right down the middle.  It was demolished within moments.  

Yesterday was filled with new knowledge & fresh insights: 
  • Different people see manifesting destiny from different angles. 
  • While we're at different places along the path toward knowing & living our life purpose, we're all where we're meant to be.  John, totally at ease in the midst of a circle of women, is looking forward to February's gathering as much as I.
  • Empower U is an amazing place - well worth the drive.  The Collegeville Diner is more than just good looks - it's terrific, tasty food. 
  • And cream puff swans sit in a gleaming pastry case, awaiting their destiny! 

Image result for cream puff swan



Credits:
1) pillarsoflightandlove.org
2) mennonitegirlscancook.com
3) westchestermagazine.com
4) chickenfriedcaviar.wordpress.com
5) jemangelaville.com


No comments:

Post a Comment