Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Unbalancing act


Image result for balancing act


The older I get, the more astonishing it is how little is certain in my life.  And how poorly prepared I feel to create & maintain any semblance of sanity with all the disparate forces yapping at my heels.

Which ancient injuries should be left to self-heal in my psyche?  Which need a touch of salve, which require professional attention?  

Which issues touching those who matter do I let register on my radar, which do I let flit off the screen?  

Which friends do I see bleeding & help, which are beyond my limited abilities, which wouldn't accept a caring hand if they were hemorrhaging?


Image result for balancing act


The hardest thing is deciding which life purposes that speak to my heart have to be tenderly tucked away, destined for other loving hands to take them up.  

One of the great benefits to composing - over how many years? - my still unsubmitted crowdfund request has been narrowing what I want to accomplish over the next twelve months, which to file away for future years, which are fun to dally with, without investment.  Differentiating between the many things catching my eye, the ones that capture my attention, the few that earn my energy, the select that fill my heart.  


Image result for balanced rocks




Credits:
katerawlings.com 
funchun.com
123rf.com

No comments:

Post a Comment