Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Transformation & acceptance


Image result for butterflies flying


This past weekend, my first workshop at Rowe Conference Center, to be transformative, turned out to be less transformative than it was illuminating.  Three days after returning home, am still astonished by that unexpected experience.

Perhaps what I was blessed to experience was simply being ME, without blinders filters shades.  There are ways I am naturally irksome that can't be reduced, forget eliminating.  It's okay if others aren't interested in things I enjoy doing.  I am a life adventurer - invite others to come too, but it's okay for they to stay put & for me to sail off.  Things I do that feel almost ho hum normal to me might seem exotic to othersI will always seek out the best vantage point, rather than settle for a place in the larger circle with a lousy view, realizing that might be different but only sets me apart from the greater whole if I let it.  


 Image result for butterfly wings costume adult
 


My transformation was in being okay with all that, not seeing it as broken or "a half-step off."  Just me being me.  


Might not seem like a big transformation to others, but oh what a mega shift it is!

Image result for butterflies on a tree 
 


credits:
1) dailymail.co.uk
2) http://www.lilblueboo.com/?s=butterfly+wings
3) topvectors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment