Monday, January 4, 2016

Letting go


 Image result for seed packets

"The starting point is realizing that letting go is not a dramatic moment we build to some time in the future. It is happening now in the present moment - it is not singular but ongoing." - Judy Lief

Letting go is far from extraordinary, yet never ordinary.  We're all created to let go over & over & over.  I think about friends who seem committed, heart & soul, to stay attached to their images of themselves, then about friends who've handed over the reins & continually evolve.  The first seem dogged with a need to feel in control; the later realize that control is, at best, an illusion - a not a very healthy one, at that.

I have to let go of this moment to let the next happen.  I have to let go of the expression of human spirit I was to be the one I am now.  I have to let go, to trust & love & give thanks for everything I can ken & all I can't.


 Image result for starting point

Looking at this picture, an example of a starting point, am reminded that the actual starting point of this seedling was when a seed was released from a dead plant, when it burrowed into the dark soil & was nurtured with water & sunlight.  All starting points.  

Can we ever stop & say - "This is the starting point." 

No, we can't.  
It is in this moment & always.


Image result for sunflower gone to seed


Ain't life grand?!


inspired by dailyom, day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment