Monday, January 18, 2016

one of these days...


Image result for cozy living room

 Okay, not our living room - no stuffies.
But it's nice, too.


One of these days, I'm going to be enough ME of a housekeeper that it doesn't take the better part of two days to get the living room looking the way that >I< want it to. 

Was it an actual cold unfurling that caused me to ground myself today, or an unexpressed, deeply rooted desire to get the living room in the sort of shape I've always wanted - where not only does everything look nice, but when you open all the drawers & cabinet doors, the insides look spiffy orderly, too?

All I know is that I'm typing this in the same pjs I wore last night ~and~ the first floor - okay, at least the first room - looks darn sweet.  As in no clutter, just beautiful, orderly bookcases, little clear lights running along the upper edge of the inside wall, a cozy looking couch, nothing on the chairs except the books I need to return to the people from whom they were borrowed, which are on the wide arm of Mom's big chair, the one that Brenda always described as in the Stickley style.

 Image result for stuffed animals


Oh, and over 100 stuffies, who have, over the past 14+ years, more or less taken over the room.  First, they were on the mantel piece.  Charming.  Then they were on the shelves under the mantle.  Now, they are ensconced - along with a collection of squirrels - in every set of bookshelves.  I don't know how they finagled it, but there are more shelves devoted to stuffies than to books.  And all well above kitty range, just in case one of them decides on a whim to do a dirty deed right there rather than seek out one of the litter boxes scattered around the house.

 Image result for cats in a living room


You can always get a new book from Amazon, but a literally pissed off stuffie - not so easily remedied.


As I said, one of these days, keeping the house in the tidy yet warm & welcoming, creative without being off-the-wall shape I've always longed for, even when we lived in the Come Again Cabin on the left edge of the Top Lawn, when I was just a little kid, is going to be my norm.  For now, am happy to be on my way.




Credits:
1) decorlove.com
2) sunflowerstorytime.com
3) 123rf.com

No comments:

Post a Comment