Thursday, January 14, 2016

Stockholm Syndrome


Image result for stockholm syndrome


A totally unexpected AH HA! from the past weekend at Rowe was realizing myself as a victim of Stockholm Syndrome, unwittingly identifying with & connecting to the very issues that damage my life.  

How many people experience the same bizarre response, sabotaging what we think are our "best efforts" to move past something that's become so much a part of our life, it's hard to image being without it?  


Image result for stockholm syndrome

It was a shock to realize that I'd gathered a whole communication system around certain deep issues, had grown so familiar with the problem it felt weirdly comfortable.  If I get rid of this intolerable issue, which new one might take its place?  That seems like a crazy thought, but my guess is that, all-powerful because it's unspoke, it holds back countless people sincerely trying  & chronically failing to move past destructive issues.

Just another unexpected AH HA! from the weekend I wanted to share...


Image result for stockholm syndrome definition

No comments:

Post a Comment