Monday, March 10, 2014

You've got to...

...accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch onto the affirmative - don't mess with Mr. In-Between!

Such great wisdom, caught in one compact sentence - okay, song.  Especially the part about not messing with Mr. In-Between.


Some months back, friends sent a book, Positivity, to help jump start me into doing.  Gee, was I surprised!  Never dawned on me they'd think I need to boost my positives.  Sheez, ever since I was a wee tadger, have preached the gospel of seeing both the positive AND negative, recognizing the latter while focusing on the former.  

My downfall hasn't been lack of positivity -- it's been Mr. In-Between!!  Awareness of his effect has long been an ominous cloud on my otherwise sunny horizon.

From the time I was quite young - in elementary school - I've been wary about being a Laodicean.  (I was a strange child, that's for sure.)  Perhaps you remember the Church of Laodicea, mentioned in the Book of Revelation?  God commands John to write to them, "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth."  Smacked me right between the eyes!  Laodiceans - clearly a bunch of Mr. In-Betweens!!

When I think of my current-day role models, they are all doers, people who don't futz around making grand plans, but get their hands on a project & follow it through to completion.

It's been AWESOME over the past few weeks, showing Mr. In-Between the door when he's shown up.  Not easy, not easy at all.  But worth every recommitted moment!  . 

Keep an eye peeled for my next posting about building on an existing strength -  spreading joy!
You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
Have faith or pandemonium's
Liable to walk upon the scene

No comments:

Post a Comment