Thursday, March 6, 2014

Daily Rituals

There are no accidents.  Had a couple magazines & a book set aside to take down with me to Be Well this morning.  Left them in our upstairs bathroom (which had John wondering if I had been reading in the shower).  So, I rummaged through the cafe's growing (and intriguing) book collection.  

Would have picked up a cookbook to peruse as I savored my zucchini carrot pecan cake & cafe au lait, but didn't want to inconvenience Joel & Lee by reaching over their table.  Instead, went down to the grouping of books near the front bay window.  Where I found Daily Rituals, a book that focuses on the daily work schedules of artists & other creatives.  In turn, discovered IT is a build off a blog, Daily Routines

Goose bumps!  And fresh realization about a deep, forever personal desire for STRUCTURE.

Fact - as much as something within me longs for the well-structured life, believes that it is the fount of my best creativity, something outside of me (no idea from whence) has distracted discouraged dissuaded me from actually, you know...  developing one.  

Cool reality - am at a place in my life where I can do what I want, rather than what is comfy familiar.  No accident that this dandy book turned up at this point in time, that there is a blog detailing dozens & dozens of ways creatives over the past 400 years approached their life passion, or at least pursuit.

Amazing, what your eyes can see & your ears can hear & your heart can feel, when you choose liberation over status quo!

No comments:

Post a Comment