Friday, March 14, 2014

SUPER creepy

The super creepy thing about "I hear what you're saying.  I understand what you're saying.  I agree with what you're saying - and I am doing the opposite" is NOT that Mom thought that made sense.  The super creepiest thing is that I act the exact same way!!  At least Mom thought she was acting according to religious teachings.  There is NO excuse for me.

That is precisely what I do when I know in my head that getting to bed by 10:30 p.m. & up at 5:30 a.m. works best for me.  When I know that developing a daily meditation practice would revolutionize my life in wondrous ways I can't begin to imagine.  Ditto for yoga & body work.  

Is it normal for humans to go with the flow, stick with familiar & comfortable, feel at home in the status quo?  Absolutely.  But we are NOT human - we are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience.  And whether you believe that we go to a spiritual world after death or that we are reincarnated into another existence, or simply turn into compost, we should use this space/time continuum to transcend the human & open up the spirit.  

And that is best done by having a firm understanding of what meets/advances our best interests (w/o hurting or harming others), then calling up sufficient self-love to begin & follow through.

Replace super creepy with super everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment