Monday, March 24, 2014

Funny...

...I was sure there was a posting about living at the top of your intelligence, but am not finding it.  

After hearing Lance's presentation tonight on digital art & reading his Fuddhist website, it keeps coming to mind.  No idea why - he didn't talk about it, there's not any mention of it on the website.  But there it is, playing peek a boo with my thoughts.  

It doesn't even have anything to do with humanistic Buddhism, a term I was introduced to through Lance's website, but a concept dear to my hear for many eons.  Unnamed, but present.

Checked out humanistic Buddhism.  Seems that the inherent dignity of human beings is a core value.  Ditto the aspiration to help others live a life free of suffering.  That's all I've read, so far.  And both resonate.

For all of my earlier life, a lot of people were put off by my niceness, a quality they held suspect.  They were uneasy that all I needed to like someone was that they existed.  And they kept looking for a hidden agenda when I gave help when needed without expecting praise or brownie points.  My motives were questioned, my sincerity doubted, my reasons distrusted.  It was frustrating, because I could never exactly explain it.  Until this past January, when all was revealed - it's a joy to lend a hand to people who need it because in that I see the beauty of life.


What that has to do with living at the top of my intelligence is beyond me.  
Unless, maybe - when I am making a difference for others, helping get rid of obstacles getting in the way of being their best selves - perhaps that IS me living at the top of my intelligence.  


No comments:

Post a Comment