Friday, March 7, 2014

remarkable ~ sound ~ resilient



A year or so ago, I placed my focus on developing internal personal structures that felt woefully absent throughout my life.   What I neglected to do at that time – and will, most gratefully, now – was to thank all that went before, all the went into constructing my foundation.  For without that strong foundation, nothing else would be possible.  

My foundation is strong & beautiful.  Countless resilient materials went into its making.  Every moment, every experience, every person along my path helped make it a wondrous first phase of a remarkable, sound &  - that word again – resilient structure.

It took a LONG time to gather the materials…  well, to realize that I was, in fact, gathering materials, not simply slogging through life.  And it took even longer to recognize that those materials, some sought but most not, were finding their place, helping me find & recognize my place.  I could not have set out to work on my woefully absent steely frame without acknowledging the foundation was completed, that my starting point was prepared for more.  And I thank everything that lent visible & invisible hands to setting that frame in place.

Two quotes keep coming to mind, one ancient, one current day - "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it" ~ and ~ "You didn't build that on your own."  The one is from the Old Testament, the other is from President Barack Obama.  With every day that passes, I realize more & more the truth of both in the construction of my foundation, the setting of my steely frame, now my work on sheathing it with "skin" & setting up interiors.  Some hand other than my own points to the path of inspired purpose, sets me on it, leads me toward great grand goals only I can achieve.  

My successes are not merely my own, but the work of countless forces.  The most I did was open up possibility hope belief.  The great work – like with the foundation  - was done by forces far greater than I.  For the foundation & steely frame, I am most profoundly grateful. I have raised my flag atop the highest beam.  

Now, its time to overlay that waiting frame with a “skin” of exterior materials, to configure the vast empty levels into rooms & offices, to welcome plumbers & electricians & electricians & interior designers.  

 Three words keep echoing in my ears - remarkable, sound, resilient.  May all that I construct - with help - over the rest of this life embody & reflect each of them.  I want, when my time has come, to leave the memory of a sheltering, nurturing, joyful edifice that reached up up up.  

Exciting times surround & beckon me!

No comments:

Post a Comment