Saturday, March 12, 2016

wholehearted people cultivate creativity


 Image result for wholehearted people cultivate creativity


Unused creativity is not benign--it metastasizes
It turns into grief, judgment, rage.
Brene Brown


Oh, I've seen the truth of that in my life.  My sister loomed immensely large in my life for her creativity, her originality.  

Two facts about my sister:
  • She totally rejected my praise of her spirit-blessed creative gifts.
  • One if her most intimate friends shared after Mim's memorial celebration that she was terrified of everything.  I would have described her as embracing a view that life was dark, sad, negating.
 
 Image result for wholehearted people cultivate creativity


Were the two connected?  Until reading Brene, never thought about that possibility.  Yeah, I think they were.  How divinely inspired that Mim's artwork was part of her memorial celebration.  
 

Will never know why Mim went through life broken hearted, but as I sensed, as Gray described, she sadly did.  Thanks to Brene, I get the why - she could NOT see herself as the astonishingly creative being so many of us saw & ultimately celebrated.

Creativity is hard to capture in mundane terms because it is the part of us that reflects back our inner divine.  We are created in the very image of God, the Creator.  Small wonder denying that is devastating to our deepest truest most AWE-SOME self.  

We grow our wholehearted self as we cultivate our creativity because that is when we most acknowledge & connect to the Creator.  Maybe it's that simple.

What do you think?

 
Image result for creativity and divinity





No comments:

Post a Comment