Thursday, March 10, 2016

Prepared to be amazed



Image result for celeste headlee


It's a JOY to have a laptop that speaks to me, after a couple years of no audio on my ancient computer.  Spent yesterday digging out & reconfiguring the computer studio & wallowing in TED talks! 

When I woke up this morning & mangled the alarm clock so it couldn't reset from 5:15 a.m. to a more tempting, later hour, recognized that the Universe was helping nudge me UP at the best time for me, which is (it must be admitted) a stunningly early hour.  

Went through my getting up routine, dashed off a blog posting on an AH HA! moment from yesterday, went down to the living room to read from The Gifts of Imperfection. 

There, on the coffee table, was my beautiful red laptop.  Beckoning.  I eased it open, revved it up & turned to TED.  And found a just-right talk from Celeste Headlee, from just a few days ago.  A talk that felt so spot-on for my present moment, gave thanks as I pressed the PLAY arrow.


Image result for ted talk


It went beyond my highest expectations, reconnecting me to an ancient, unrecognized, chomping-at-the-bit part of my deepest self.  

Celeste gave ten ways to hold a mutually satisfying conversation (am seriously challenged doing just that).  The one that sang out to me was, Be prepared to be amazed.  We have something to learn from everyone, if only we listen.

Part of me knows that, has always known that.  Which is perhaps why I've beaten myself up, conversation after conversation, at being too tense, uptight, fearful to act from that awareness rather than from a dread of being dismissed, devalued, diminished.  Be prepared to be amazed;  we have something to learn from everyone, if only we listen.

Yes, yes & YES!  


Image result for celeste headlee








No comments:

Post a Comment