Tuesday, March 22, 2016

doing what comes nurturally

originally posted on Secrets of the Home...


Image result for nature nurture


Intrigued - am working on a better balanced awareness of who I am, who I'm not.  Am only slightly more in touch with my core self than Mom was when she started a similar inward trek in her late 80s.   As she could testify, it's a solitary work, one that doesn't guarantee achieving the hoped-for results.

Working with a well-being coach has been Ah Ha! worthy in unexpected ways.  One of the greatest awarenesses that's dawning is how affected I've been by things that seem to come naturally, but are actually rooted in my nurture, not nature.  What feels natural can be anything but, can be learned from what I saw around me, not what calls within me.

Image result for nature nurture


Am in an intriguing place - seeing in new, unexpected ways what never worked because it only felt true for me.  Seeing them neutrally, without drama.  Experiencing them as lessons allowing me to respond by modeling new behaviors in line with my actual nature.  

That last bit is the coolest.  Being able to see, "Oh, that's not really a part of me - it just feels that way," then acting out the behavior that feels more in sync with me myself & I.  Doing what comes naturally.  At last!


Image result for nature nurture


Credits:
nurture-and-nature.com
mindyslittlesidekicks.wordpress.com
futuresofpalmbeach.com

No comments:

Post a Comment