Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Most magical month of my life

September 2014.  Hands down, most magical month of my life.  Remembering that my definition of magic is "when things work out as they were supposed to from The Beginning."  

On so many levels, it ended in a glorious flourish.  I learned - after 25 years - that my husband's recall of stuff is triggered by a sense of place, whereas mine is triggered by the people/activity/content.  MEGA Ah ha!

I realized that the words Peter Wimsey shared with his new wife, Harriet Vane, beautifully describe me & a core reality of my life - no matter what I do, shall always be experienced by many as a scandal & a hissing.  Which I chalk up to my determination to look at things through as clear a lens as possible, to recognize tendencies & shift past as much as I can holding onto a hidden personal agenda, and to do everything in my power to see to the best of my ability another person's point of view - without compromising or scuttling my own beliefs & values.  Turns out, when a person makes a pretty decent success of doing that, a shocking # of others attribute a hidden agenda anyway!!

Hence, perennially being a scandal & a hissing.
At the end of Sept '14, that's okay.  
It is what is.  

When I turned 50, it fully dawned on me for the very first time that I don't know.  Enough years had passed that I could realize all the time I was so sure of something & it turned out to be a totally different way.  Just acknowledge it up front - I don't know.  Oh, the sense of liberation!

At 10:43 p.m., on 09/30/14, 
am okay utterly accepting that
things are what they are.  

I will always & forever try to see the big picture rather than just the itty bit that supports my life view (and, yes - I do have one).  

I will always & forever be a bouncy Tigger (with, I hope, a bit of Kanga), full of enthusiasm & enjoyment of others & of life.  

It doesn't matter how people feel about me - what they think about me is none of my business.  

I do family.  Always have, always will.

Relationships of every type fill me with joy.  

My life overflows with magic, as I believe everyone's is supposed to.  

My life task is the same as it has always been - doing what I can to help others get out of their own way, to keep pathways clear for the unimaginably fabulous, to know that we were put in this place at this moment to learn more than to earn - not that earning a nice, lovely substantial income isn't great. It's just not the end all & be all.  

Thank you, Universe ~ September 2014 was filled with magic beyond my expectation, wildest hopes, greatest feats of imagination.  May October & all the months, years that follow be equally astonishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment