Thursday, September 18, 2014

"Don't go back to sleep"

It took until 5:15 a.m. to accept that sleep really wasn't going to happen, until 5:30 a.m. for me to finally accept that it made more sense to get up than to be keeping John awake with my tossing & turning.  So, here I be, writing a post about ONE of the things keeping me awake.

A week from tomorrow, John & I are mounting a joint art show at Be Well Bakery & Cafe.  It's our second art show together, John's first at Be Well (much to my surprise, I did a summer-long exhibit of Bryn Athyn Bounty photos back in 2013).  

The old me would have held off getting everything together until late Thursday night - next week.  Not sure I'm all that crazy about being wide awake in the wee small hours worrying about getting John's pet-traits reprinted & ready for display, about writing new descriptions explaining the purpose of the show (John's art work & my outbursts of creativity), about finding a dress form to display the wedding dress Brenda drew out of an antique, hand-embroidered table cloth.  

If the artists for our "pizza & music" opening gives a taste of the event, then we will do just great.  Grayson Zuber & (I hope) a dear young friend who is an awesome songstress.  We will see if that pans out.  Whether it is a split bill or Grayson is the solo act, it will be an wonderful evening.  Just one set, which is fine with us.  

Gets me remembering our opening two summers ago at the gallery at the Bank of Princeton/Lambertville.  Smiling, remembering the people who touched us deeply by showing up.  If this opening is even half as special, it will be unforgettable.  

Have to get the post card from the first show (John trimmed off the show-specific info) over to Copy Max to get ones run off for "Hey, friends - this is happening" postettes.  Will get that done, with description on the back, today.  

And I'm still writing thank you notes for our State of the Human letter, plus working on the crowdfund request that clamors to be posted by 09/29/14!! And it's crunch time for advertising Bryn Athyn Community Theater's fall production, Little WomenAnd working to stay awake aware active with revamping my life into sustainable patterns that will support me in rolling out what's in my heart. 

This IS a crazy busy September.  Will NEED my long, mid-October week at Rowe Conference Center to rest & restore!

The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell you.  Don't go back to sleep! 
You must ask for what you really want.   Don't go back to sleep!
Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment