Thursday, September 11, 2014

accepting what is

As I wrote out the first stack of envelopes for the first batch of State of the Human #3, tagging up each generic letter with a personal thank you note, it struck me that there will be those who experience me more as a flagrantly flattering fake than as just gee whiz grateful.   

Tough!

It took sixty years to get to this most precious place in my life, and am utterly unapologetic for being off-the-charts beholden for all the blessings, especially all the people, in my/our life.  


Have never learned the art of modest moderate modulated thanks.  Oh, the years I accepted that as my cross to bear, a major failing.  And the fact is that people - a lot  - ARE put off by gregariously grateful ways.  While I long to be a calm Kanga, am pegged as utterly Tigger.  I yearn for restraint & steady wisdom, but constantly blunder into something more pinging off the wall. 

To all the people who might feel irked bothered bugged by my State of the Human #3, who might find me irritating at best or, at worst, an intrusive insincere panderer ~  get used to it.  Keep an eye out for those envelopes from Deev & feel free to just toss it into the circular file.  No harm, no foul. 

Maybe I'll be more Kanga-ish in my next life.  For now, will content myself with being the sort of person who cherishes deeply, appreciates muchly, thanks openly & often.  A born Tigger! 

The wonderful thing about tiggers
Is tiggers are marvelous chaps!
They're loaded with vim and vigor
They love to leap in your laps!
They're jumpy, bumpy, clumpy, thumpy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment