Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Surrounded with love



Surround yourself with people you love – excellent advice from the always spot on Bob & Melinda Blanchard, who live that adage every day.


Can I envision making my major life decisions based on the relationships I want to develop, the people I want to spend time with – life as recommended by Bob & Melinda?  What a great yard stick for taking the measure of big decisions!


Realizing that I took a big step toward that during the opening event of our joint art show at a local café-gallery.  We invited people who matter to us to join us for pizza & music at Be Well Bakery & Café.  Janina is a long-time, thoroughly heart-connected friend.  I’ve known & held Natty as a niece-of-the-heart for many years.  And Freya is a new friend, someone I’m looking forward to getting to know better.  Mia & family, Matt & daughter.  Karen & Jeff & Cailean came, which meant the world to me & to John – more family of the heart.  Lisa stopped by, along with Jane & Max.


Wow… 

Our opening night was a lot like our wedding,25 years ago, which - through the love & presence of so many – modeled all that I’d hope for all my life.   

Family, friends, community, faith.  All captured in a moment in time.  

This past Saturday surprised me by how beautifully it modeled the image of our current ideal life.  The room was filled with friends we’ve known for years, friends who’ve recently connected, a stranger who showed up by herself so we asked her to join the merry band at our table, people we expected & those whose presence surprised (& delighted) us, a wonderful musician we asked because his mother is classmate & an artist - and his wife, too, which made it so much more special.  All gathered in a special spot, waited on hand & foot by people who embody so much of what I want in my own life – and make the world’s best pizza, but only one night a month!


All the stuff - good, bad, whatever - that happened in the past is gone.  Even the past that's yesterday.  Carry what was learned, leave the lesson behind.  Yes, Bob & Melinda - build life around relationships & people who matter.  Appreciate the irony that the care & love & support you give always seems to naturally boomerang back to you.   

Be in the moment, in this moment.  Let it offer up to you all it has, all it longs to give.   

And remember to say THANKS!


No comments:

Post a Comment