Monday, September 8, 2014

Who is this person?

So strange, unfamiliar, being this person I barely recognize, the person I wildly celebrate & am thrilled to find has taken up residence in my body.

I read Jane Blair's Facebook postings about her mother-in-law's challenges with aging & REJOICE that a real experience of real people is being shared, not tucked away in some "don't go there" corner.  I shout a great YIPPEE! that her stories will resonate years later as others find themselves with a similarly tender cross to bear, is liberating others to share their own stories.  

It's not possible to shift our nation's gosh awful culture around aging by focusing on the problems.  That only generates more negatives.  Resolution is to be found on what works within the unworkable, what yields the most wholesome result out of the most pained scenario.

Change will happen when the Janes & others speak out their stories, their loved ones realities & how they address them with LOVE.  The answer is LOVE.  And I get to be it's cheerleader booster drum major.  I get to be a voice uplifted against the clinical, the corporate, the ready to manage into silent submission.   

No idea where this person sprang from, but I like her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment