Tuesday, September 30, 2014

the work in front of me

Arrgghhh!  Can't remember where I read this (just recently!), but have been thinking about how it's spot on ~ the work I am drawn to do, my elder care anarchy, is not a calling.  It's what's in front of me, waiting to be done.

It's what's in front of me, rather than a calling.  

What about that appeals to me?  Isn't it just semantics?  

It's the practical nature of it.  The call to action.  The realization that the work is right in front of me, right now.

That's what grabbed my heart on first reading it (wherever) - it's here NOW.  There's no guarantee the work or my ability to do it will be the same next year, next month, next week, even the next day. 

For someone like myself, someone challenged to move from concept to plan to action to completion, it is not just a call to action, it's a gosh darn kick in the butt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment