Sunday, September 7, 2014

Be a lamp, a life boat, or a ladder. ~rumi~

One of the greatest unrealized wishes of my life - so far - is to have the sort of mind that fully appreciates the depth & breadth of great poets. My sister, Mim, writes incredible poetry; I am not so blessed, born with neither the ability to comprehend nor to compose.  

Am keenly aware of all that has been lost to me.  It's a far stretch to think that I'll suddenly awake one day & be able to have the texture & quality of mind to see more than words on lines.  I seem deaf to the beauty & resonance of poetry, as someone who is color-blind can never fully appreciate Picasso.  

I would love to respond to Rumi like so many of my friends.  It just goes over me, leaving me feeling fundamentally dense rather than uplifted & inspired.  But thank goodness for people like Mary Engelbreit, who caught a perfect bit of Rumi, an illustration for a magnet!  









No comments:

Post a Comment