Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Disappearing acts

Yowser!  One of the gals at King of Tarts Bakery commented, "You're disappearing."  

Thought it was a reference to our absence from our favorite bakery.  Then it hit me ~ she meant ME, my willowier appearance.  My gosh, it's true - am losing weight  & it shows!! 

Yeah, I changed my eating habits to bring down my blood pressure, not to trim down.  Wondering how things might accelerate if I make INTENTIONAL  changes to trim down my flabbo physique?  

Hmmm...  

There are about 5.5 months between now & our 25th wedding anniversary.  Going to give myself a special something to go along with my special someone.

No, not a specific weight loss.  But a shift in life habits, a focus on "for better" goal planning & achieving while ditching "for worse" habits that hinder happiness.  Talk about a priceless gift! 

So - for the rest of April, take a morning walk.  Before hitting the bricks, do breath work.  Start my day at the best time for me & Sky - 5:30 a.m.  It's not a matter of having to compel myself to do what I don't care about;  those are three things that feel like a natural fit, once I get out of my way.

How many other disappearing acts wait in the wings to play a role in my transformed selfie?

No comments:

Post a Comment