Friday, April 4, 2014

Beginning & End

Recalled last night how strongly I felt Mom's heavenly hand behind my getting the boot from BISYS.  

The whole thing getting-the-boot thing made NO sense, from it's unfolding to now.  My gosh, just 10 months earlier, I'd received the company's "Employee of the Year" award!  

When I drove out of the parking lot, my brain was in a wild state.  Heading home,  was a complete mess.  At least there was John, waiting at Squirrel Haven to scoop my into his arms, wrapping me in the comfort of his love.  

And then I got to Willow Grove.  

At the intersection of Fitzwatertown & Rt 263, it dawned on me in a brilliant flash - Mom was behind this!  Mom, who NEVER saw me in the corporate world, who had spiritual muscle to flex now that she had passed into more ethereal realms.  It was Mom's doing.  And that stopped the distress & tears.  John saw a bright ray of light spring from the car, not a slog of sorrow.

Did I have a clue what she had in mind?  Not a one, but I knew it was going to be interesting.  And it has been.  And here I am, 12+ years after that fateful October day, and it's come together.  

With an assist from from her Own True Love.

That's what I hadn't connected before last night.  Mom was present in my mind almost from the start of the Great Upheaval, while Dad's heavenly hand was felt at the close, putting THE END to my search for whatever it was his O! Best Beloved had in mind for his baby.  In October 2001, my well-ordered, predictable life was thrown into chaos; in Jan-Feb 2014, it was blessed with blissed-out clarity & loving closure.  

Hey, they always were an awesome partnership;  once they'd slipped the ensnaring coils of earthly life, they could do the awesome parenting that was always in their hearts.  Spooky wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment