Thursday, August 13, 2015

Shaken by Rilke


Image result for "in the company of rilke"'

What a surprise to realize Stephanie Dowrick wrote In the Company of Rilke, a book I purchased some time ago & never opened because I don't grasp poetry, so why bother - nice dream, but I lack the sensitivity soul depth to appreciate what is offered.   

Wait!  Stop!  

Be shocked that those ancient self-rebukes still well up just thinking about poetry.  And that they are still SO strong.  

 I am to poetry as stone-deaf people are to music - utterly unable to appreciate it.  

Where did I get such a stunning message?  And how is it possible that - at the grand age of 63 - I still hug it still feels a part of me?

When I saw the cover of Stephanie's book, recognized it, realized I have no idea where it is - Did I send it onto Mim, who embodied the heart soul spirit of a poet? -  my breath shortened, my heart clutched, my breath shortened.  

This is interesting.  
This is a place to go into deeper.  
This is the time to talk to Amanda!


Image result for amanda rogers petro

No comments:

Post a Comment