Friday, August 28, 2015

probable correction to FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT

In today's earlier posting - Foreign Correspondent - noted, "Mim was all of 15 when she first became a foreign correspondent.  She spotted a tiny ad in a magazine promoting international friendships - a pen pal exchange.  She signed up & was paired with a pen pal way down in Australia."

Image result for 1964 world's fair pen pals

Have been thinking that might be wrong.  She either connected the way I described this a.m. ~OR~ through a international pen pal initiative at the 1964 World's Fair.  I double checked & Parker Pen  DID sponsor just such a program at the Fair.   I seem to think Mim was older when she started writing to Sue.  Sue might already have started on or was getting ready to start her nurse's training.  Connecting through the NY World's Fair just feels more right.  

I believe I stand corrected.  Will check it out with Sue (once I get her address from Penny who got it from Mim) & let y'all know.   





No comments:

Post a Comment