Monday, August 17, 2015

Recapturing memories

Whether it's my childhood or high school years or the eons stretching between then & now, I've been gifted with the ability to reach back & recapture special memories with remarkable ease.  

People are amazed at the small moments that came easily back to me.  Mim was the same way, ditto Mom. 

I remember my oldest brother, Peter, saying - after his first granddaughter, Campbell, was born - that he wouldn't believe my detailed memories of Whitney at the same age (very much alike, the two baby girls, aka mother & daughter) EXCEPT Mim shared the same ones with him, so he had to believe them.

For the first time - just 13 years ago - it hit me that the Lockhart Ladies' knack for remembering the long ago was out of the ordinary, a gift worth honoring.  

That knack for dredging up ancient memories serves me well in this present moment, recalling & sharing a lifetime of special moments featuring my sister.  It's a joy to post a "Mim memory du jour," to honor a sister who filled my life with unforgettable moments, amazing insights, unimaginable lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment