Tuesday, June 2, 2015

audience - fundamental differences

Both Mim & I have always loved working with young children & teens.  But Mim works one-on-one or in a very small group, while I thrive on large groups - classes, rather than individual tutoring - and the widest range of ages.  We do some similar things, but in not in similar ways.  Similar areas, different dynamics.

While my current work is very one-on-one, my deepest calling is to take what I do on a personal level & format it so anyone can adapt & do it.  As much as I thrive on helping older friends keep clear the path to being their full self, always in the back of my mind is the fact that Mom couldn't have afforded me.  Which is my butt kick to translate my one-on-one work into something accessible to anyone.  An unknown audience - the ultimate in "large group" connection!

To veer a bit off topic - just hit me that what made me a success at US Healthcare & Prudential & Bisys was working in a VERY large group setting, but making the people I worked with - the folks on the phone or in the letter or out in regional offices - feeling like they were seen, like I was working with THEM, one on one.  Maybe not so off topic, after all.  Maybe a nice little way to tie what I do with an older sis I grew up adoring.  


                                                Image result for two hearts

 

No comments:

Post a Comment