Wednesday, July 30, 2014

mega milestone

Thank you, universe, for so many lovely presents BEFORE our 25th wedding anniversary arrives!  Tonight, John did some stuff that's driven me nuts for almost as long as we've been married.  And I didn't react in my old ways!  And this in spite of the fact that his lack of awareness & attentiveness put a dear friend in jeopardy.  Went right over his head - just wasn't paying attention.  Still disturbs me - a dangerous trait - but didn't go even a smidgen bonkers.  He's not going to change, because he can't see it.  You can't change what you can't see.  It's like stomping your feet because someone who is color blind doesn't compliment you on your blue sweater - not going to happen!

Praise be that I was born with the gift of being able to step back (most of the time), assess, consider, and see better ways.  Can't rail at those who weren't.  Might feel like a release, but that is illusion.  Blowing a gasket might feel like I'm letting off steam, but it is never a safe thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment