Tuesday, July 1, 2014

daily ritual

A couple weeks ago, I asked friends if they had a daily ritual as support in developing my own.  I've been reading a book about daily rituals, have checked out blogs.  This morning, as I grogged my way down to the bathroom, sensing the faint tracing of an atmospheric headache coming on, it smacked me right between the eyes - my gosh, I already know my daily ritual.  Have known it for over 30 years.  Just haven't opened the door  & welcomed it into my life.

There are five parts to my daily ritual, five parts that haven't changed over half my life.  My daily ritual starts the night before, getting to bed & lights out no later than 10:30 p.m.  Up at 5:30 a.m., my best time for rising, whatever the time of year.  Get dressed, go on a walk - whatever the weather.  Back home, change into yoga gear for three sets of breathing exercises (do another set mid day & one before bed, three sets of three).  Have a healthy breakfast, just setting in a quiet place.

That's it.  My daily ritual, waiting outside my door, as it's been doing for half my life.  Half life.  Yeah, it's time to start living a full one.  Time to open the door.  Hello! 

No comments:

Post a Comment