Sunday, July 13, 2014

just plain dumb

I am not going to dwell on all the beyond-understanding times something that felt like it really mattered to me hove onto my horizon & then petered away into nothingness.  Feeling like something matters & actually engaging are totally different things. 

What I will mention is how just plain dumb that seems to me.  Oh, I know the various reasons that explain that tendency, but they all sound stupid to me.  We should be able, as thinking (if not truly sentient) beings, to see what works against our best interests & do things that will get us as far from them as possible ~ and ~ see what works IN our best interests & do things that will get us closer & closer to them.  It might not be easy, but it's still just common sense.  

When I marvel about that mega disconnect, friends tend to say to me, "But that's just human nature."  EXACTLY.  It would make sense, if we were actually human beings, but we aren't.  We are spiritual beings, having a human experience.  If I have to opt for my apparent human or my genuine spiritual, have to go with the latter, however challenging it is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment