Friday, September 25, 2015

Thanks thanks & more thanks - Mim memory


Image result for sisters crosby kaye



Remembering marsh monsters, thinking about driving with Mim down to that first space launch, brought a fresh perspective on my life with my big sis.  She did so many amazing things in her life & brought so many into mine, but there were moments that were, I like to think, more fun for her due to having me along.  

Yes, Mim would probably protest that, might point out that she could have gone down & back by herself, since she did all the driving. (At 17, I was still without a driver's license AND there was the broken ankle.)  I wasn't kidding when I said that Mim always & forever struck me as the human personification of the cat that walked alone.  

But without me along, whether it was making a lunatic dash down to a moon launch or heading up to New Hope or scampering down to the Du Pont for brunch, there wouldn't have been the memories that are only possible with someone else along for the ride.  And that didn't really hit home until remembering riding shot gun in the van, driving along a pitch-black stretch of a major interstate so newly opened it was rare we saw another car, navigating through a totally foreign place with endless marshes stretching out on either side - unseen but felt.  

Precious memories - my thank you gift to Mim for making them possible for her baby sis



Image result for two sisters pin






photo credits - theblondatthefilm.com, far fetched mima & oly




No comments:

Post a Comment