Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Black Cat Cafe Triple Chocolate Cake

Blessing on my oldest brother, Peter, for introducing me to this fabulous yum from The Black Cat Cafe. It's my go-to recipe for far-from-standard chocolate cupcakes!  You'll find three types of chocolate in this cake, plus The Cupcake Lady's frosting has two types of chocolate, for a grand total of five different forms of bliss in one cupcake!!

Triple Chocolate Cake
1 box instant Hershey's chocolate pudding
1 ¾ cups of milk
2 eggs
1 box of devil’s food cake mix
1/3  bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a mixer combine pudding and milk. Add edds and devil’s food cake mix. Combine well. Then add the chocolate chips.

Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray and use a brush to cover all crevices. The pan should only be ¾ full. Bake for 50 minutes, allow to cool 15 minutes then turn out on cooling rack.

For cupcakes, I bake them according to the instructions on the box, doing the usual touch to make sure they're done. (You can smell when they're ready to come out of the oven.)

For the piped frosting, I throw together Betty Crocker's Milk Chocolate & Dark Chocolate icings, taking care to NOT blend them.  Interesting look when piped.  If I was frosting as a cake, I'd use Mom's Fudge Frosting recipe.  Will look for it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment