Friday, October 17, 2014

The New Murphy's Law

If it can work, I will make it work.

That's the new Murphy's Law.  Not my idea - there's a book of that title.  But gotta say that at this moment, on this day, I feel like I personify it.

Yesterday, it dawned on me mid-afternoon that I had not transferred enough money in my credit card account to cover the required hold on the rental car I'm picking up an hour from now.  The money was available, but I hadn't put enough into the credit card acct.  $25 dollars short.  (The amount needed increased significantly from last year - praise be, I had a distant memory from when I rented at the end of July.)

It was being proactive, not panicking even an itty bitty bit, just doing what was in front of me that needed doing - and if it didn't work, knowing I'd done my best - that made the difference.  When I went into the acct this a.m., there was the full cushion, but all would have been well if it hadn't been there, too.  Just would have stayed home.

But I am not.  Am on my way to Rowe, on my way to a writing workshop with Nancy Slonim Aronie.  I made it what needed to be done - what was in front of me.  

Praise be & hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment