Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I know what I know

Years & years ago, it struck me that my personal motto was "I know what I know."  Today, it still speaks what's in my heart, declares what I believe to be so.  It might not be reflected in my life, but it is what I believe, above almost all.

We are responsible for living the way we know is best.  When we don't, there are greater reverberations than simply not making the better decision.  It is a deeper belief that 99.9999% of what I was taught about what we should believe.  I think it came bred into my bones.

When I know something to be one way or the other, then I am called to live my life according to that understanding.  It's not easy, yet still it is true.  When we go against what know to be right, we do unimaginable damage across infinite spectrums.

Know what we know & live according to it.  Simple & complex.  If I know that what I know matters, then why does it make any sense to act contrary to that knowledge?  It might feel the better choice in any given moment, but at 62 I am old enough to know a moment lived without regard for my deepest beliefs is a moment I haven't lived.

10/23/14   
2:45 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment