Sunday, October 19, 2014

Living from the Heart

Long story short - didn't go to Rowe.  Was in my rental car, all packed with a variety of outfits (would it be mild? chilly? cold? had to be prepared for all), a huge roll of bedding (including the wedding quilt from "Aunt" Gay & Mom), a trio of stuffies, a couple books, and a friend's Kindle.  ON MY WAY.  Literally, on the road.  When something outside of my control - something not distressing, but important - made me realize that the best decision was to stay home.

Back went the rental car (mega kudos to Enterprise for not dinging me; charged me one day of the weekend, which they did not have to do).  Bridal quilt went back on the marital bed.  Ok, clothes still need to be unpacked.  

My #1 memory was how it felt NOT feeling disappointed.  Not feeling relieved.  Not feeling any feeling.  Not numb, far from numb.  Just the sense of making the right decision for the right reasons.  Doing what was in front of me to do, without ties to past expectations or trying to forecast the future.  

Living from the heart, being in the Now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment