Sunday, April 10, 2016

three little words




Overhaul ~ recalibrate ~ retrofit.


Image result for overhaul word



The biggest Big Dig is inward - myself!  Not easy - like the house, there is A LOT of stuff that's been hanging around since forever that's out of place or out of dateam clueless what that is.  And my housecleaning/housekeeping skills have been pretty woeful.  Like the house, it is easy to get bogged down in looking through the stuff instead of winnowing out what doesn't belong to make space for what does & way for what's waiting, completing a task & then moving onto the next.

No sense fussing & fuming contemplating what I'm not, focusing on where I don't fit in or feel like I'm a fish out of water.  Instead, see where my feet are currently planted, get my bearings, get a move on.


Image result for recalibrate word


My sister gave me her understanding of what stands most in our way - if we spend all our time in discussion & as little as possible in doing, our spirits can be kept flying with "some day" wishing instead of bummed by right now slogging.  It matters less that nothing gets done as it does that your bright shining dream is never tarnished by something less than WOW.

Mim was describing why ACD personalities don't get things done - they want perfection, are unwilling to settle for less, typically end up with nothing.  What sorrowful souls they must be!


Image result for retrofit


I love this graphic!  "Retrofit - improving yesterday for today."  Stunningly spot on!  A huge part of completing my current internal Big Dig is reframing my yesterdays into different reconfigurations.  Yes, yes & yes - my very success DEPENDS on retrofitting my yesterdays into messages that help & support.  Am so glad to have found this graphic which speaks such glorious volumes!

This morning, am celebrating slogging, the glories of grunt work, the wonders of an imagination that can see through the here & now to the ultimate completed ZOWIE.  

Feeling blessed by three not-so-little words ~ overhaul recalibrate retrofit.  


Image result for onward and upward


No comments:

Post a Comment