Friday, April 1, 2016

Being seen & loved


Image result for crochet heart spiral


What is it about the fallen human nature that so many of us - myself included - are massively challenged to feel fully secure in our being seen & loved?

This was brought home to me this morning, reading a post about one of my most priceless earth angels, a man who has always, from my perspective, been surrounded by the presence & light of love, including some of the most close-knit friendships it's been my honor to observe.  Yet it seems that even this wrapped-in-love gentle man has challenges feeling seen & loved.


 Image result for crochet heart

It was only just recently - just within the past two months - that I was finally able to step away from feeling invisible, unconnected.  People would have fallen to the ground in fits of laughter thinking I felt so outside the mainstream of community.  My reality was being in the heart of it - but it didn't feel that way.  

Took me until this past week - this past Monday! - to realize that my brain was holding tight to long long ago images of what I expected feeling seen, connected, liked & loved would look like.  Was completely dissing the actual experience, because the images were so different from what I'd held onto for so long as my heart's desire.  Zowie!

What does it say that someone so coddled with all the best as I am & have been for many years, that my dear friend who's surrounded by friends who appreciate all he is & by loved ones who have knit him into their hearts, can fret with insecurities about not being seen & loved for who we are, as we are?  Worth many a cuppa, sitting at the front table at Be Well, discussing.



Image result for knit heart

No comments:

Post a Comment