Tuesday, April 26, 2016

On the power of releasing grievances


Image result for release


Begin today's extended practice period by searching your mind for those against whom you hold what you regard as major grievances. Some of these will be quite easy to find. Then think of the seemingly minor grievances you hold against those you like and even think you love. It will quickly become apparent that there is no one against whom you do not cherish grievances of some sort. This has left you alone in all the universe in your perception of yourself. 

Determine now to see all these people as friends. Say to them all, thinking of each one in turn as you do so: 

I would see you as my friend, that I may remember you
are part of me and come to know myself.


 Image result for bird release


Spend the remainder of the practice period trying to think of yourself as completely at peace with everyone and everything, safe in a world that protects you and loves you, and that you love in return. Try to feel safety surrounding you, hovering over you and holding you up. Try to believe, however briefly, that nothing can harm you in any way. At the end of the practice period tell yourself: 

Love holds no grievances. When I let all my grievances
go I will know I am perfectly safe.


The short practice periods should include a quick application of today's idea in this form, whenever any thought of grievance arises against anyone, physically present or not: 

Love holds no grievances. Let me not betray my Self.

In addition, repeat the idea several times an hour in this form:

Love holds no grievances. I would wake to my Self by
laying all my grievances aside and wakening in Him.


Image result for release or let go



 from A Course In Miracles



Credits:
setxseniors.com
oneeyeland.com
hellogiggles.com




No comments:

Post a Comment