Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Straight to my heart


Image result for academy of the new church lion


It's a forever delight knowing the classes I taught that share my high school reunion year, ditto my Class of 2010 "adoptees."  It makes my own extra special, seeing so many beloved young faces over Charter Day weekend!

It only just hit me that Peter & Ian would have shared the same reunion, ten years apart.  Someone at the school contacted me about Peter's current address - a Class of 1956 reunion mailing had been sent back with "addressee unknown."  

Image result for hearts connected


Had realized a couple weeks ago that Ian's 50th reunion would be this October.  Hadn't thought, "Peter's, too."  

Shedding a tear, realizing how different Peter's experience with his alma mater, with his small hometown, would probably have been if his younger brother hadn't died so young.  The two were devoted to each other, so Charter Day would have been a perfect time to reconnect.  Ian being in town to mix & mingle with his classmates would have been a sure magnet for out oldest bro.  

If only...


Image result for hearts connected






No comments:

Post a Comment