Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Good morning!



Image result for singin in the rain


Let’s see – what did I do to sleep better last night, after two wretched nights of tossing & turning?

Well, foolishly was still on the computer at 10:00 p.m., which did absolutely NOTHING to help smooth the way for sound slumbers!  That has to change.

But, following Jim Junge’s advice, I had a banana before heading “up the wooden hill.”  And the bathroom window was open about ½”, so fresh air came into the bedroom without chilling John.  

Best of all, when I awoke – at 2:30ish, as has become my norm  - instead of being the victim of tense thoughts (envisioning kitties caught in impossible-to-get-out places), I just told myself, “This is time to restore your body through sleep.  Let go of those sad thoughts & welcome ones that send you off to slumbers.”

And they all worked!  I slept fairly soundly straight through to when the alarm went off at 5:15 a.m., my best time for getting up.  I didn’t have to “get over myself” to get out of bed, it was a natural thing to do.  Am feeling rested & looking forward to a productive day.  A productive day of being the best ME possible, whatever that brings up over the next seventeen hours.

Image result for sun

No comments:

Post a Comment