Monday, March 9, 2015

Fab Four



Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage...

Henry V


Image result for better than before rubin

Oh joy!  Less than a week until Gretchen Rubin's new book - Better Than Before - hits the shelves at B&N!  MY copy is due even sooner - pre-ordered from Gretchen as soon as it was announced.

 Image result for gretchen rubin

Gretchen is one of those sleek, brilliant, totally Type A people you find it hard to believe would write a book like The Happiness Project & Happier at Home. Come on - like SHE ever had a doubt about how to grab happiness by the scruff of its neck & make it her own?  Don't let appearances fool ya - she is a marvel.  Okay, one that I can't really relate to, but gee can she relate to me!

And now she's coming out with a book on "mastering the habits of everyday life."  Is the woman a prescient telepath, knowing how long ago that this would be just the sort of encouragement I'd need from her at this very moment?  Goose bumps!

How do I know it will speak to me?  What she has to say about the Foundational Four (in my parlance, the Fab Four).  These are personal traits I've know for years are important to nail, yet never have.  Sleep, move, eat/drink right, unclutter.  How many times in how many journals have those four showed up?  

"Ask yourself what you really want & make your life reflect that."  Sing to me, Gretchen!  Know what I want, get out of my own way, then move forward toward fabulous!


Image result for rainbow 




No comments:

Post a Comment