Saturday, May 28, 2016

relearning how to BELONG




Image result for belong magazine



It didn't seem possible that the wonders rushing into my life could surge any faster, but boy was I wrong!  The past week, selecting short films & video presentations for my older2elder May Film Fest, found them zooming into my life, with astonishing discoveries literally at my elbow.

On Thursday, John & I headed over to Radnor for a TEDx talk, taking a leisurely linger at the Plymouth Meeting Barnes & Noble - terrific way to be fairly close to our destination but letting I-476 rush hour calm down. 

Wonder of wonders - in a B&N Café notorious for its teeny round tables, one of the two large ones seemed to be waiting for us.  I say "seemed" because there was a stack of magazines on it, which could have been a signal someone had already pegged it -or- that they'd left & hadn't taken their mags to the designated spot for returns.  Praise be, it was the latter!  Even greater, louder praises, because that stack of glossy magazines was about to change my life.

It was a stack of wedding magazines.  Except the top one, a cover I'd never seen before & that frankly didn't really capture my interest - BELONG seemed a little too...  not sure what, but it sure did.  Moved the stack to the far edge of the table.  As I pushed it away, something on the cover caught my eye -
"celebrating the art & community of blogging, social media & entrepreneurship."

This magazine had NOTHING to do with weddings.  It had everything to do with ME.

One of the many things learned earlier this month filling out the TEDWomen application was that I have virtually NO social media savvy & that I better get me some if I want CATT & my Values Vision Dream scheme to be given a serious ear.  Here, literally at my elbow, was a magazine on exactly what I need.  Goose bump time!

The articles make me feel O L D, what they discuss are so foreign.  Snapchat, Instagram & something that posts a video for just 24 hours - and that's apparently a good thing! 

I am in for a major education.

No comments:

Post a Comment