Friday, February 5, 2016

Awe struck


Image result for narnia lamppost


Yesterday sublimely set up a great start to this morning.  It was a quiet day, no big fireworks or AH HA! moments, just life unfolding at its own pace, in its own magical way.

Was in bed by 10:30 p.m.; when I woke by just before 5:00 a.m., felt rested & at peace.  Snugged by for an extra 15 minutes or so before the alarm was set to go off.  By the time I'd run through this morning's gratitudes & sent out my loving blessings & turned to flip off the alarm, just in time to keep it from its scheduled blare.

Pulled off the book - Point Zero - from my night stand, gathered up my glasses & headed for the back window for my moment of awe.  

Awe, indeed!  I looked out over a backyard spun silver by moonlight.  Wait a minute - there wasn't any moon.  The yard was covered in a light layer of SNOW!  

After whispering hushed thanks for its beauty, headed over to the front room to say my namastes, trundled downstairs to the kitchen to tuck a sweet potato in the toaster over, then to the hall closet for John's grey coat with the cozy hood, and out I went, on my Hello, World! morning walk.

It was one moment of awe after another.  The quiet world around me, the big flakes of snow falling in swirls around the lamppost, felt like I'd stumbled into Narnia, with magic all around me.  


 Image result for narnia lamppost

I had a lovely talk with the Universe, thanking it for such a beautiful sign of gratitude for taking the best first steps to any day.  Several times, I caught myself thinking behind, to the soft wonders of yesterday, or ahead to what promises to be a singularly delightful Friday.  I'd bring my thoughts back to the here & now, the snow under my feet, kissing my face, piling a layer on John's jacket, now drying down in the basement.  

What a sweetly glorious start to a new day, a new life.  Everything transformed yesterday, without fanfare, in ways I never saw coming.  So many things are not the same today as they were yesterday, limitations & barriers have tumbled in ways I might have set up but never seriously expected to ever experience.  


 Image result for point zero

It's only 6:15 a.m. & already it's been a remarkable day, intro'd by an beyond wonder 12 hours.  Can smell the hot pulp of my sweet potato calling me down.  Will pull it out of the toaster oven, break it open, top it with a thick layer of hummus, then another of southwest salsa, feed the cats then settle in to savor my breakfast.

For the first time, I will have gone through all the steps of my best practice rising - following a restful night's sleep, up at 5:15 a.m. after saying my gratitudes & sending my blessings;  over to the back window for my moment of awe at our glorious world; downstairs for my namastes; plunk a potato in the toaster oven before heading out on a walk around the neigborhood; stay in the moment throughout the walk, not projecting forward, not glancing back, simply wrapped in the moment; maybe dash off a quick posting;  finally - as I'm about to - serve up the cats' breakfast & enjoy my own.  

And it all happened without effort.  It unfolded as naturally as a rose unfurling its petals.  

Am awe struck by the quiet, simple, profound blessings that surround & fill me.  Thank you, Universe.  Thank you, All That Is.  I am filled with gratitude & wonder.



Credits:
electricalbee.deviantart.com
moussee.deviantart.com
digitalcosmonaut.com


 

No comments:

Post a Comment