Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Roger Sterling? Seriously?

  


Yes, seriously.  On the most recent Mad Men episode, Roger shocked viewers by giving the brilliant, impossible-to-pigeon hole Peggy some jaw-dropping  awesome advice ~  don't be cowled by men, just be yourself in your full off-putting glory. The good ones will get it, let everyone else go to hell.

 
Image result for mad men roger peggy

I spent years - decades - being a muted version of myself, attempting to be one of the gang, one of the greater bigger forever elusive whole.  Roger's advice - maybe because it came from such an unexpected source.  

Perhaps Roger giving genuinely valuable counsel proves anything is possible.  

In any case, it helped me appreciate having gotten to just that very place, as witnessed a few days ago when I finally let out all the stops & clued the rest of the world into my big dream & fervent desire of doing all I can to help my little hometown become the happiness hub its trove of rich resources can help it be.  

Strange as it might sound, that took guts on my part.  Took not caring if people consider me a flake or totally unsuitable for such a bold undertaking (unrelated & unconnected as I am to any of the usual go-to contacts).  

Roger spoke what's been in my heart ever since talking to Kym Yancey at the Leading to Well-being Conference - go for what matters to me.  The good ones will get it.  As for the rest?  There will always be others waiting to question doubt scoff.  Always.  Am I doing all I can to be everything that matters to me?  That's what matters.

I think Roger - who apparently hasn't a clue about who he is - would get it & egg me on.  The good ones will get it, the rest can go to hell.

 Image result for mad men roger peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment